Concept cars are nothing out of the ordinary in the motor industry, and BMW have had a fair few designs over the years that have left automotive enthusiasts waiting with baited breath for the future to arrive!However, none of these compare to the latest concept to come off the BMW drawing board – a design based on the dream car of a 4 year-old.
The story starts when a 4 year-old called Eli was chatting with his uncle about the car he would really like to build. It turns out that the young boy had a surprisingly solid idea of what he wanted, and once he had made a list of his specs, headed by the fact it must be a BMW, his uncle invited any designers online to turn the wish list into a drawing.
What happened next was certainly unexpected – BMW themselves stepped up to the challenge.
The specs for the car were presented as follows:
- It's a BMW
- It has 42 wheels, and of course 42-wheel drive
- It is powered by 19 Porsche engines
- The engines are all linked to a single transmission
- There are seats and three steering wheels, and all three can drive the car at the same time
- The trunk is full of toys and you can play in it
Maybe we will see this one added to the gallery of notable concepts cars that BMW have designed such as the ultra-sleek 2008 BMW M1 Hommage Concept and the sci-fi-esque 2008 BMW GINA Light Visionary Model.
Image source: BMW USA